At international level, the modernization of doctoral studies will lead to a better recognition of the quality of research of Azerbaijani HEIs in the European Union and beyond. Therefore, the NIZAMI consortium aims to reinforce international cooperation by restructuring doctoral education through different actions :
- Structuring doctoral schools within the HEIs and harmonization of the management of doctoral education at national level;
- Ensuring high standards in doctoral education and improving the compatibility of Azerbaijani doctoral education with European standards;
- Sharing tools to improve the professionalization and internationalization of doctoral studies through knowledge, complementary skills and mobility.
At national level, PhD students should enhance their professional skills to meet the needs of the regional, national and international job markets. A standardization and modernization of doctoral education will lead to a better visibility of the quality of research, as well as a greater professionalization and internationalization of doctoral studies in general. These are key necessary elements to increase the employability of PhD students in Azerbaijan and abroad.
- Analysis of the current situation of the structure of doctoral studies in Europe and Azerbaijan;
- Exchange of expertise and good practices;
- Definition of doctoral studies quality standards;
- Creation of a qualitative management system;
- Adoption of a common structural system for Doctoral studies in Azerbaijan.