Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Since 2015, our university has joined as a partner university in 2 new Erasmus + KA2 projects and general information about these projects are followings:
1.NIZAMI ERASMUS + Capacity Building Project
The project is called “Restructuring and Development of Doctoral Studies in Azerbaijan in line with Requirements of Higher Education Area.” The project team consists of 15 Higher Education Institutions along with the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijani Republic. Among the 15 HEIs there are 5 European, 1 Turkish and 9 Azerbaijani universities.
Period of eligibility : 01/10/2015 - 01/10/2018
Partners from Azerbaijan
Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan (MoEAZ)
Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS)
Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction (AzUAC)
Qafqaz University (QU)
Azerbaijan Sate University of Economics (ASUE)
Baku State University (BSU)
Nakhchivan State University (NSU)
Azerbaijan State Agriculture University (ASUA)
Khazar University (KU)
Azerbaijan Technical University (AzTU)
Azerbaijan University of Language (AUL)
NIZAMI Partners from Europe Associate-partners
NIZAMI CONSORTIUM Montpellier University, coordinator (UM, France) ,Barcelona University (UB, Spain), Heidelberg University (UHD, Germany) ,Uppsala University (UU, Sweden), Masaryk University (MU, Czech Republic) ,Fatih University (FU, Turkey), Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3 University (UPVM, France), Yildiz Technical University (YTU, Turkey).
2. ERASMUS+ LPEB- “Professional Bachelor in open and distance learning for the energy and environmental performance of buildings in the Russian Federation, China and Azerbaijan (LPEB)" project
ERASMUS+ LPEB project selected in 2015 by European Commission and, SSU is one of the 20 partner universities. The main goals of this project are supporting the modernization, the accessibility and the internationalization of the field of higher education in the eligible partner countries; Promote voluntary convergence with EU developments in higher education in the EU; Improving the quality of higher education and the relevance of it for the labor market and society; Improving the level of skills and abilities in universities developing new innovative education programs. Improving the level of skills and abilities in universities developing new innovative education programs. The project accompanies a profound change in professional practices in the building trades by professionalizing teaching programs in energy and environmental engineering. It creates a new professional Bachelor for the energy and environmental performance of the building in accordance with the Bologna process. Thus, it overcomes the qualification deficit on intermediate levels (site manager, technician in engineering department) occurring within 3 partner countries. Provide solutions to the qualification deficit on intermediate level (site manager, technician in engineering department) improving student employability and enhancing corporate executives;
- Professionalize education programs in line with the Bologna process and the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and relocate them partly into companies;
- Create a professional Bachelor program for the energy and environmental performance of buildings accessible in distance learning;
- Improve competencies of 30 professors in training courses organized in the EU;
- Scan the courses and teaching resources;
- Create a technologic platform for energy performance;
- Train 150 students and 50 professionals on this new curriculum in each region via direct or distance learning.
3. "Rethink - International education reform through the exchange of information" TEMPUS project,
covering the period 2013-2016 (the coordinator of the Technical University of Lisbon, Lisbon c., Portugal) - http://rethink.fa.ulisboa.pt.
Department of Architecture and Urban Design of the university's Faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering Department and Environmental Engineering Department of Water economics and engineering communication systems department staff members are actively involved in this project.
4. Avicenna Virtual Campus in Central Asia (Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan) - A large scale programme for teacher training in science and technology
Project Objectives. The project should lead to an improved quality of the overall system of education in the project partner countries and develop a system to share educational recourses using ICTE and virtual concepts in different levels of the education system.
•A regional e-learning network in science and technology in Turkey, Azerbaijan and Central Asian countries.
•The creation of 3 AVC e-learning centers.
•The training of the trainers and technical staff in charge of managing the network.
•The creation of a teacher training in engineering of e-learning production of online courses.
•New methods, materials and activities of teaching (blended and distance teaching) will be created.