Brief information about
Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction
Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction is situated in Baku. Languages of instuction are Azerbaijani, Russian and English. Founded in 1975, the University has total area of 49000 m2 with 5 educational buildings and the Campus comprising
a nine- storeyed dormitory for foreign students and “Damla” hostel functioning for commercial basis. It also includes Construction College and a technical biased Lyceum.
Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction began its activity as a "Construction" faculty at the Baku State University in 1920, as an independent Construction Institute in 1930-34 and as a "Construction" faculty in the Azerbaijan Industry Institute in 1934. In 1951 in connection with the establishment of the Azerbaijan Polytechnic Institute, the "Construction" faculty was moved to this institution. In 1975 Azerbaijan Civil Engineering Institute was established by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers Republic of Azerbaijan. Since1992 the Institute has become the University. On June 13, 2000 by the decree of President Republic of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev, this institute was renamed as Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction.